Thursday, July 2, 2009

Training Pains

The 10 Mile graduation run for my running group is next week, July 11 and I am not sure if I will be able to run. I haven't been out for a run for over a week. The hills, or rather the dips on our last 8 mile run caused one of my knees to swell and life hasn't been the same since. The arch on my left foot has a constant dull ache and to be honest I think it is the primary source of the knee pain I am having.

The good news is that I have found a great sports doctor who has come highly recommended and have an appointment to see him next week. I am hoping that it is a simple problem of the wrong sort of shoes or something. With a bit of luck, maybe I will be up to running the 10 miles next weekend. Although the longest I have run to date is 8 miles I think the power of positive thinking will allow me to complete the 10. Injury free is the aim and the prerequisite for the run!!

As I am abstaining from running, I am going to try to do some pool walking, bike riding and swimming to keep up the fitness level. This is the training that I am missing for the week –

Saturday 4 July – 9 miles

Sunday 5 July – OFF

Monday 6 July – 3 miles

Tuesday 7 July – 4 miles

Wednesday 8 July – 60 mins cross training

Thursday 9 July – 3 miles (Dr appointment!!)

Friday 10 July – OFF

Saturday 11 July – Course Graduation Run – 10 Miles

0 comments:

Post a Comment