Friday, July 9, 2010

I was lost, but now I am found…

I am glad to be back. And I have some great news to share!

First of all, I am definitely running the 2010 New York City Marathon! I am running with the NYRR’s Team for Kids. It means that I will be raising money for their great organization in exchange for my entry. My goal is to raise $2,500. If you would like to help me achieve my goal and learn more about the charity, here is the link to my donation page -  http://www.runwithtfk.org/Member/PublicPage/1252

tfk_header_main_logo The next bit of exciting news is that I am now a certified RRCA running coach! Yep that’s right, I did my coaching course in June and recently passed my final test! It was a great course, and I was so lucky to not only attend but also get to participate with some great athletes and trainers! My first task as a new coach is to get me ready for the New York Marathon!

RRCA_Cert_Coach_logo

Oh, and just because I like a challenge and don’t want anything to be too easy…. my family and I will be moving to Dubai mid-August. So I will have the added burden of not only moving my house and family to another country, but also to continue with my marathon training. It will definitely be a challenge. Temperatures in Dubai can get up to 140F; yikes and I thought running in the Texan 90F heat and humidity was hard!

dubai image01  But I suppose nothing worthwhile was meant to be easy…… well, that is what I keep telling myself.

1 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Congratulations on NYC - you are going to love every step!!!

Post a Comment